An Industrial design right is an intellectual property right that protects the visual design of objects that are not purely utilitarian. An industrial design consists of the creation of a shape, configuration or composition of pattern or color, or combination of pattern and color in three dimensional form containing aesthetic value. An industrial design can be a two- or three-dimensional pattern used to produce a product, industrial commodity or handicraft.
Under the Hague Agreement Concerning the International Deposit of Industrial Designs, a WIPO-administered treaty, a procedure for an international registration exists. An applicant can file for a single international deposit with WIPO or with the national office in a country party to the treaty. The design will then be protected in as many member countries of the treaty as desired.
There are some requirements to file the Application of Patent Registration in Indonesia.
- A simply signed Power of Attorney
- Assignment of Right from the designer(s) to the applicant(s), if the applicant is not the designer.
- A simply signed Declaration
- Priority Document (if any)
- Physical specimen, drawing, photo and the description/explanation of the design
- Power of Attorney
- Indonesian Design Procedure
- Indonesian Design Law No. 32 Year 2002